Moshe Shoham, Israel’s leading expert in MedTech robotics and one of the world’s leading startup entrepreneurs, spoke about this revolutionary field representing a major opportunity to venture investors. Prof. Shoham’s Technion lab produced Mazor Robotics Ltd. ($1.6 billion acquisition), Microbot Medical (major IPO in 2016), Diagnostic Robotics ($26 million raised) and currently Tamar Robotics, an OurCrowd portfolio company. Tamar is developing the first surgical robotic system that can perform highly accurate, minimally invasive, brain mass removal surgery, and has already proven successful in lab studies.
– David Shore, Vice President, Investor Relations, OurCrowd Canada
– Elysa Greisman, National Executive Director, Technion Canada
– Moshe Shoham, Technion Professor, Tamara and Harry Handelsman Academic Chair in Mechanical Engineering, Founder and Director, Tamar Robotics
– Steve Bramson, Board Member, Technion Canada
– Doron Dekel, Board Member and Alumni, Technion Canada
April 12, 2021